SpiderGrip Geometric End Effectors
SpiderGrip™ end effectors are designed to aid in the geometric assembly of mating parts (precision tolerance). SpiderGrip™ is a fixturing system for high precision weld/mastic assembly operations which capitalizes on DE-STA-CO’s Modular Tooling Principle: off-the-shelf components to make any size/shape structure.
- SpiderGrip™ components are manufactured to such a high standard that any single component can be replaced without affecting the location or geometry of the parts that are being assembled.
- A "fuse" (break away) has been designed into the system so that in the event of a crash only a single component needs to be replaced, preserving the location of pins, clamps and gages.
No need for a back-up or spare end effector: 75% reduction in MTTR (compared to traditional systems)
RM4 Heavy-Duty Mild Mounts
The RM4 is a highly engineered, robust structural mounting platform that can be used as a direct robot interface. RM4s provide structurally stable point of attachment for SpiderGrip appendages (limbs). Standard robot interface patterns provided. RM4 can also be with out a mounting pattern for custom mounting.
Anchors & Collar Assemblies
Anchors are used to precisely locate and attach the SpiderGrip appendage. Anchors are also engineered to act as an "over load fuse" in the event of a collision to protect the automation, the locating pins or clamp, as well as the object that was impacted. Collar assembles are used for each and every attachment point on SpiderGrip. Two bolts and precision-ground cross-keys are used to locate and hold the SpiderGrip components to each other.
Booms, Adaptors and Spacers
- Structural members for SpiderGrip available in 60mm diameter.
- Constructed from 7075-T6 extruded aluminum for optimum quality and strength.
- Machined to very high precision for maximum repeatability.
Junction Mounting Components
- 2, 3, 4 and 5-way adapters (faces) for attaching SpiderGrip components to one another.
- Used to construct "T, X, Y" shapes and 90 degree junctions.
- Contain locating hole for precision measuring (tooling balls for laser or CMM position measurement)
Edge Mounting Components
Edge mounting components are used to mount accessory components such as Powerclamps, Pin Locating Clamps, custom-designed blade/adapter plates, vision/light systems, I/O blocks, manifolds, etc.