Simple Off-The-Shelf Tooling Solutions with Ease of installation highlight benefits for users in growing robot market
Auburn Hills, Michigan (March 27, 2023) – DESTACO is pleased to announce the availability of a Cobot Tooling Solutions that are designed to simplify tool selection and eliminate integration design work for applications employing small payload robots or cobots in their operations. The wide variety of tooling solutions are designed for gripping, palletizing, machine tending, tool changing, and tool extensions applications for up to10Kg payloads.
“Small payload robots are commonly found in larger industrial-manufacturing facilities, but there has been significant growth recently in their use in small light industrial and commercial shops due to the low-cost entry into robotic automation,” said Gary Labadie, Global Product Director for DESTACO. “This low cost entry into robotic automation is now a focus and a solution for both large and small facilities coping with the economic climate.”
The fast growth in the cobot market is driven by a number of factors, including increases in inflation rates, labor costs, labor shortages and excessive workforce turnover. The low startup costs for new entrants into the automation industry and a relatively compact return on investment (ROI) period for a cobot system, which can be as few as 8 to 12 months make DESTACO tooling solutions attractive to users.
DESTACO has designed its cobot tooling solutions for simplicity and ease of use with off-the-shelf availability via kits that feature all of the end-user selected accessories, along with the hardware and tools needed for installation, reducing the need to consult an application engineer. All of the tooling solutions are compatible with cobots that have an ISO 9409-1-50-4-M6 end-of-arm mounting pattern. Blank robot and tool plates are offered for those who wish to use their own mounting patterns.
A standout feature in DESTACO’s suite of cobot tooling are the Microtool End Effectors that enable the cobot to perform palletizing functions. Users that knows the length, width and weight of the packages to be lifted and transferred can easily select the palletizing kit type and pre-determined vacuum cup size necessary for the application eliminating tool design work with off-the-shelf kits.
Other cobot tooling solutions that DESTACO is now offering include:
· CB-200 Quick-Move Base: Allows the cobot to be moved from one work station to another without the need to reprogram the robot.
· ARV-C Vacuum Gripper: Can pick up and move product via one air line with an auto-release vacuum generator; available in nine sizes and shapes
· MG Magnet Gripper: Available in two sizes, allows the picking of ferrous material or components with one pneumatically actuated air line
· MultiMount Tool Array: Mounts up to five different tools to the cobot wrist via various tool mounting plates and multiple extension lengths
· MultiMount Machine Tending: Can accommodate two grippers or two tools for use in work-piece exchange applications in CNC machining centers; features Blank, ISO-9409-50 and DirectConnect mounting plates
· MultiMount Tool Extension: Extends the reach of the cobot arm that the cobot’s standard wrist length and reach cannot. A variety of tool plates and multiple extension lengths are available
· MicroTool Palletizing: Off-the-shelf kits to handle boxes from 160 to 750mm widths and 260 to 900mm length weighing less than 10Kg.
· TC1 Manual Tool Changer: Allows the user to change cobot tools quickly and repeatably and offers electric and air pass-through capabilities
· Tool Storage Tree: Securely stores and organizes up to six cobot tools safely and securely; fully adjustable with three different tree heights
To learn more about any of DESTACO’s new portfolio of cobot tooling or any of its high-performance automation, workholding or remote-handling solutions, please visit https://www.destaco.com/robotic-tooling/cobot-solutions.html
DESTACO, a Dover Corporation company, is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance automation, workholding and remote-handling solutions. The company serves customers in a variety of end-markets, including the automotive, life sciences, consumer packaged goods, aerospace, industrial and nuclear sectors.
Built on a legacy of more than 100 years, DESTACO offers a comprehensive portfolio of products designed to engineer precise movement, placement and control solutions that drive productivity and uptime for manufacturers around the world. The DESTACO family of products consists of industry-leading brands such as DESTACO Manual Clamps, Power Clamps, and End Effectors; Camco™ and Ferguson™ Indexers; Robohand™ Grippers; and CRL™ Manipulators and Transfer Ports.
DESTACO is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, U.S.A. The company has more than 800 employees with 13 locations, in 9 countries, across the Americas, Europe and Asia. More information is available at destaco.com.
DESTACO is part of Dover Corporation, a diversified global manufacturer and solutions provider with annual revenue of approximately $8 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, consumable supplies, aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Clean Energy & Fueling, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Climate & Sustainability Technologies. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for more than 65 years, our team of more than 25,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Dover is headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, and additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.