The CRL Transfer System consists of two main components, the Alpha assembly and the Beta assembly. The Alpha assembly is typically mounted in an isolator or glovebox wall, and the Beta assembly is mobile and used to transfer the materials. When the two assemblies are mated, materials can be rapidly transferred into and out of an environment without breaking containment.
CRL manufactures transfer products used in various Nuclear and Life Sciences applications, to accomplish:
Basis of Operation
CRL's Transfer Port System evolved from the use of Double Door Transfer technology in the nuclear field.
- The Transfer Port System consists of an Alpha port, typically mounted in an isolator/glovebox wall, and a product transfer Beta device.
- CRL's Rapid Transfer Port System allows for rapid repeatable transfers without breaking containment and are widely used in pharmaceutical and nuclear applications.
The CRL Rapid Transfer Port (RTP) is a double door transfer system that consists of two main components, the Alpha assembly and the Beta assembly.
- The Alpha assembly is normally mounted to the cell wall of a contained environment.
- The Beta assembly is mobile.
When the two assemblies are mated, materials can be rapidly transferred into and out of the environment without breaking containment.
RTP Design Features
- Precision machined components for exact tolerances
- 316 stainless steel Alpha flange with polypropylene or stainless steel port door
- Easy to clean silicone Alpha and Beta seals
- Seals installed and removed without the need for special tooling
- Hinged or hingeless Alpha flange port door
- Mechanical interlocks to prevent improper port operation
CRL offers Alpha flanges in various configurations, from 105mm to 460mm ports. These ports are typically constructed of stainless steel with optional door materials available.
Alpha flanges are typically provided with a safety interlock system to prevent any accidental opening of the port without the Beta canister attached.
The CRL Rapid Transfer Port (RTP) features optional mechanical interlocks that prevent the improper operation of the transfer port. The interlocks are incorporated into the Alpha flange and interface with the alpha port door handle and prevent the following:
- The Alpha port door from being opened when a Beta flange has not been docked.
- The Beta flange from being removed from the Alpha flange when the Alpha port door is open.
- The Alpha port door handle from being rotated when the door is open.
CRL offers a wide variety of Beta accessories including containers, flanges and couplers. Visit the Beta Accessories page for more information